Thank you for your interest in registering for MI Bright Future! There are three ways you can sign up:
- Register your businessCompanies interested in registering their business to have a company profile complete the Register Your Business registration form. In addition to providing basic information about your organization, you can also select to offer work-based learning activities and register yourself as a Career Coach. and yourself as the company contact
- Join your company’s previously registered profile as a Career Coach Individuals interested in registering independently from their place of business or those signing up as additional company contacts complete the Become a Career Coach registration form. In addition to signing up for the occupations you wish to coach, you can also provide details about your career history and sign up for select work-based learning activities. and additional contact
- Register yourself as an independent Career Coach unaffiliated with an organization
To ensure you have the information needed to complete your registration form, please see the list below for the items you will need to have on hand. Please note: if you plan on participating in activities that include interaction with students, you must submit to a background check—the safety and confidence of our students is our number one concern!
Once your background check has been completed, the MI Bright Future team will build your profile in the system using the information you provided on your registration form. When your profile is ready (allow 7-10 business days) you will receive an email notification with your log in credentials and directions for navigating the system.
To register your business, you’ll need:
- Company address and phone
- Company Website URL
- Description of your company in student-friendly language (max 700 characters)
- Year founded
- Number of employees (approximate)
- Primary industry
- A list of all careers employed by your company
- Careers you would like to serve in as a Career Coach (if applicable)
- HR or job postings web link (if applicable)
- Qualities you look for in employees and advice to future employees (700 character max)
*In addition to these items, you may also provide your company logo or video to the MI Bright Future team to be added to your company profile. Please send an attached file of your logo or video to email@example.com. You may also add these features yourself once you have received your log in information.
To become an additional contact or independent Career Coach, you’ll need:
- Careers you would like to serve in as a Career Coach
- Your career path history
- Companies where you previously worked
- Other jobs you’ve held
- Association memberships
- Your hobbies and interests
*These items help students learn more about you and how you got to where you are today.
How to Register
- Visit mibrightfuture.org
- Click “What’s the difference?” to learn about registering your business or becoming a Career Coach
- Complete the registration form that is right for you
- Recruit coworkers and other employees to complete the Career Coach Registration Form
- Receive your username and password from MI Bright Future and log in to explore and update your profile
- Find your future workforce!